Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 by Jon

Pride & Prejudice is a good movie. I'll need to watch it again because of its speedy and intelligent dialogue. And also because I kept laughing during the movie at something.

So...I went to see it with Tyler. And only Tyler. We both like movies if they are of some quality, as he told me to buy The Notebook once (but that's actually just "ok"). And we don't mind films that can be classified as "chick flicks" (we watched Center Stage a lot, and love it).

But I guess it's different when it's out in public. We thought it was funny enough for a chuckle when we were walking into the theatre, but then Tyler was hungry and thirsty and I too was thinking about getting a soda. So obviously, the economical idea is to get one of the specials so we can save money on over-priced theatre snacks. But of course, the two sodas and one popcorn package is called "The Couples Deal".

...
So I go up to the snack counter guy, and sheepishly say, "yea...haha...uh...can I get the...uh...two drink deal..."

And the worker starts to laugh, which yea, I don't blame him, it's funny. To not help matters, Tyler and I are the only two people in the lobby, so he obviously knows we're together, and when I am ordering, Tyler is down the counter buying his ticket and saying, "Yea, haha...one for Pride & Prejudice...please..."

And we all, us two and the workers included, share awkward chuckles. We leave as soon as we get our food and walk fast into the theatre, to escape people who might stare (they were). But of course, we walk into the sparsley-crowded theatre and its only six people...a couple over there, a couple up here, and yet another couple back there. And then me...and Tyler. We stick out like none other.

hah....

...


We kept accidently touching hands in the popcorn too throughout the film. And then we left as soon as we could when the movie ended and the lights came up.

har har har har.

I think this is all a little juvenile, and that we should be above it, but...it's still really funny.





...good thing we didn't go see Brokeback Mountain instead, eh?

Filed under having  

0 comments: