Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Thursday, January 26, 2006 by Jon

I watched A Very Long Engagement tonight. I liked it. I think I need to watch it again, because I don't think I caught everything (because it was in French with English subtitles) and I got confused on names. And Angie kept making me tell her what happened when she kept stepping out.

The movie reminded me how crappy World War I (or war in general) was. Trench warfare is stupid. French officers really were that bad. But then this reminded me of Brian and I talking about how crappy the Black Plague was in Europe. Roughyl 2/3's to 1/2 of the population dead? Thats horrible.

I mean, can you imagine nearly HALF of all the people you know dying? Most likely half your family and one or two of your best friends? That is really hard to imagine. It must have been a deeply deeply depressing era. As Trey Parker and Matt Stone noted in their interview in the lastest GQ, maybe it isnt so bad that George W. is our president, right? It could be a lot lot worse.

Lastly, in A Very Long Engagement, the aunt in the film always says, "Doggie fart, gladdens my heart."

This is today's Get Fuzzy:



teeheehee.

Filed under having  

0 comments: