Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Friday, January 20, 2006 by Jon

***I think that there is a fine line between many things in life. Fine lines between what is right and wrong, between love and hate, between justice and hypocrisy, and between smart and stupid. At one moment you could be on one side, and without knowing it, fall into the other. Does this mean that we should always try to recognize and reflect which side we are on? Probably.

It is another one of those nights, or early mornings I should say. I try to fall asleep but my body nor mind is tired. I've been trying to get myself to think about what I want to get out of this last semester of undergrad here at Illinois. In not so many words and quite cliche, I want to make some real memories. I want to invest in people here. Doing well in my last classes would be nice, but maybe not so important. Yea, people.

But who is worthy enough for my attention?!? teeheehee giggle giggle.

And yea, I'm assuming that college is not the most exciting and best years of your life. That would be sad. I'm sure the "real world" cannot compete with the freedom and youth that you have, but really, a wife and kids and building your own house, and trying to not make all the mistakes you think your parents made? That's gotta compete at least a little.


***Who's your daddy? Two recent instances have arisen where someone has yelled at a peer and said, "you're not my Dad!" in anger. One of those people who get yelled at was me.

No shit, we aren't your Dads. But sure, you may have a credible point that we are acting like them and should not. But then I ask, how does one learn faults and things to improve on? Trust me, I don't like telling people what to do, I would hope you would do it on your own. And I have definitly been on the other side, where I've been "the kid." And I'm glad that I had "dads." Maybe I'm just not good at it. Or maybe I took the critical suggestions to heart.

And on another note, I think I have said before that I get disappointed in people. That feeling of disappointment that I show towards my peers is not appreciated, which isn't a surprise. My character flaw is that I expect things out of people. I expect people to be responsible, to have integrity, to be righteous, to act like adults when you should. I expect to see goodness always coming out of folks. But I'm sure I don't always act like that. Did I just step over the fine line into hypocrisy?

Anyways, that doesnt seem like something that should be wrong, to believe in the inherent goodness of people that is, but it rubs people the wrong way sometimes. I'm not sure what to do. Have no expectations? Don't always expect always see people do the right thing? Those don't seem too appealing to me. But maybe that is how it goes. And of course, there is a fine line between "right" and "wrong", correct?

But yea, is it so bad to be disappointed in someone your own age?


***Song of the Moment:
The Fray - How to Save A Life

"Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness "

Quite fitting, those lines. A state of bitterness. How unfortunate. But I've moved on somewhat, and when I ponder, it is with indifference. I shouldn't think about it and I was asked not to think about it. Along with that loss goes my care. So it goes. I'm tiptoeing a fine line between love and hate.

Possibly life's riskiest business, eh?


***On a lighter note, I saw a preview for this. And uh...I really want to see it.



I almost shed a tear during the preview. I hope I don't cry when I watch this, because that would be...a shame. BUT THEY ARE MANIPULATING MY EMOTIONS! (Or maybe I'll learn some good tricks on how to do that, haha Erin). I'm sad even thinking about the preview. Who remembers Homeward Bound? I hope this is better. IT'S GOING TO BE SO CHEESY!!! Haha, I wonder if they're the same "actors" from Snow Dogs. Har har har.

Here is another attempt at comical humor:

Eight Below-
Stars: Paul Walker
Co-stars: 8 furry husky snow dogs

Into the Blue-
Stars: Paul Walker
Co-stars: Jessica Alba, Jessica Alba's backside, and bikini's

And I would rather see Eight Below, as evident by my blogging about it, over Into the Blue, as evident by NOT renting it despite my unlimited Blockbuster Movie Pass. So...

Paul Walker + Husky Dogs in arctic cold covered in fur > Paul Walker + Jessica Alba in tropical warmth in...barely anything

and Paul Walker = Paul Walker, so...

Husky Dogs in arctic cold covered in fur > Jessica Alba in tropical warmth in...barely anything

Right. I think...

Nope, nope. I need to go to Blockbuster ASAP.

Filed under having  

0 comments: