Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Wednesday, June 16, 2004 by Jon

The last few days have been great. I'm really grateful to be this blessed to be able to be here in Taiwan, and explore the city (and also to make all the natives stare at us while we're loud and do crazy antics) with friends.

I've been able to laugh and smile a lot, and it makes me happy that everyone here is doing the same. Taiwan baby, it's a great place. Yea, really really lucky.

Jessica, Jon, and Jeremy left today. Sadness. They were a source of immense amusement. I wonder if we could do the same things we did here in Taipei in STL. I'd hope so. But hey, we lost three, and gained two.

Yea, we totally, unexpectedly, ran into Wellington and Evelyn from ATL.

--on the subway--
Wellington and Evelyn: Roger!
Me, Roger, Michelle, Jon, Jeremy, Anna: (turn around and see them) AAAH! AAAAAAH!! AHH!
Natives: (taken aback by LOUD screams)

yes. It was random, and it was great.

I have two more pictures from Ximen Ding. And don't worry Oogs, I have one at night :)


Ming, Evelyn, Wellington, friend Gary, Anna, Albert, Michelle, Roger, Me

And I'd post the other Ximen Ding photo, but this one from Danshui has more people. Sixteen to be exact. And I took the picture. Yup, so that's seventeen Taiwanese American kids roaming around Taipei. Amazing.

My wireless internet lost its connection while I was making this post, so I watched Moulin Rouge. And yes, it is one of my favorite movies. Here's my top 3.

1. Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves (the serious one with Kevin Costner)
2. Moulin Rouge
3. Dogma

I realized that in my top two favorite movies, the main character is called Christian (Morgan Freeman's Muslim character calls Kevin Costner that throughout the movie, and it's Ewan McGregor's name in MR) and the third, Dogma, is about Christians and Christianity. Interesting...

"The greatest thing you'll ever know is to love, and be loved in return."

What do you think?

Filed under having  

0 comments: