Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Saturday, June 05, 2004 by Jon

hehehe. clubbin in taipei. awww yea.

me, ming, cassia, linda, and jack went to Luxy, which by US standards is a REALLY nice club...and it was pretty cheap for me considering, about $1 2US since i got in after 10pm, but everyone else got in before 10 so it was free for them. So why was I after 10? well...

i forgot my ID. i remember before i left for dinner, that i left my wallet at home since i wouldnt want it at the club. little did i think to take out my ID. So i go to the club anyways and ask the bouncer if i can get in without an ID, hoping he doesnt care since i have a heavy american accent and well, i think i look over 18. but he didnt care. i was hoping for some taiwan ghettoness to get me in :(

so i called up cassia and we talked about our options for awhile, and getting me either ming or jacks id was the fastest option. now getting the id to me was a challenge in itself, let alone getting in with someone elses id, because jack said the bouncers there check IDs hard. cassia and linda were able to get a stranger to hand me the id's, wrapped in money to conceal them, at the entrace, because if they left they couldnt get back in.

so i had jacks taiwanese citizen id and mings drivers license. i went to the end of the line and compared them. i mean, people do say i look like ming, so that would make more sense. i studied up on his birthday and address etc in case they asked me at the door. but after i talked to cassia on the phone again, we decided that i should go with jacks, cuz i mean, i doubt the club gets a lot of Illinois licenses, so they might notice it more...

So i give the bouncer jacks id, and he takes his time looking at it and at me, back and forth. I really dont want to make eye contact with him, so i whipped out my phone and started to pretend to be talking to someone, hehehe. and i said "yea my uncle came and dropped it off" so the other bouncer who i asked if i could get in without and id wouldnt wonder how i had gotten it so quickly. yes i am smooth. but also lucky. while the bouncer was looking at the id, he stared at it for awhile and then he asked me in mandarin when or where my birthdate was. i froze. haha. i memorized mings bday, but his and jacks are really close, and i forgot which was august 6th or 8th. BUT THANK GOD. before i could say anything, or have a heart attack, the bouncer said "oh, here it is", and let me in.

WHEW. it was straight out of a movie.

mad props to cassia and linda for getting me in. and jack for having a taiwanese id with a photo from the side so it looks a little bit more believable that its me.

and in the club, some taiwanese people dance funny.

linda leaves on monday, sad. but anna and albert are here now, hurrah!

Filed under having  

0 comments: