Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Monday, June 24, 2002 by Jon

Sweet Home Illinois

woohoo, jonny is back in springfield. my mom switched flights from the 7am one to the 1am flight so that i wouldnt have to get up and make everyone take me to the airport at 5am. good idea. downside is it basically combines yesterday and today into one long day since i only get to sleep on the plane. so yes, back to yesterday...

went to a noodle restaurant for lunch with my aunt uncle and sister, got some neu-ro mein. my dad cooks it better. my mom in her constant pestering and nagging and demanding that i do this and that keeps telling me to learn on this vacation. so what have i learned? well, i felt out of place at all the asian markets i went to being around all of the asians for some reason. i dont feel this way in taiwan, but i did in la. i actually missed seeing white people, i went like 3 days without seeing any. so yea i dont know why, ill have to think deeper into that. i am also a country boy. i am definatly not a major urban person. traffic BLOWS. hundreds of people shopping all at once at a place BLOWS. yea i definatly like the country-esque atmosphere. springfield is a perfect size, not too big not too small. my mom always calls me a country person anyways.

I also ate massive amounts of food, especially rice. every meal where there was rice id have about 4 bowl with my food. my relatives called me a fan-tong, aka a rice bucket. and yea i have no idea how my pin ying is. my mom even got literally disgusted and mad at me the last night we were eating out, claiming im a freak for eating so much rice. my mom and i didnt really get along well the whole trip...

so yea anyways, sunday after we went to the noodle place i went back and watched some ET on MTV. and yes, christina aguilera got implants...hehe. she DEFINITLY got them. even howa says so. britney was in the episode too and she looked absolutly cute and gorgeous at the same time. i think i should help her get over that other guy she used to be with. she would forget about him fast. fosho. shes so hot.

anyways since most of my readers are female i dont think they care...so yea, we went to pick up my cousin andrew at his camp. its like this 4 day sports camp, and it reminded me of a smaller taf. all the kids were asian, and then at the end of their awards ceremony they had a slideshow. HOWARD READ THIS: they're slideshow mixed in video, which is what i want to do for our slideshow, and it looked good so it can definatly be done. now i just hope i get to do ss. hehe i also tried a bit of taf recruiting, i asked all of andrews friends that he made if they were taiwanese, one kid answered but the others looked scared, hehe, probably because i asked in a loud voice and raspy voice. yea those kids were wild, pillow fighting and throwing apples at walls to see them explode. yes...my campers at taf better not be like that...

fast forward to midnight and jonny is chilling in the airport waiting for his flight. i started to read "Ball Four" by jim bouton, which ive been wanting to do for awhile. i bought a copy at a Borders in la. good book so far. my uncle also bought me a flat screen monitor and i didnt want to check it in in case it would get damaged so i used it as a carry on. lugging it around the long walks in the airport to my gate hurt my elbow. plus everyone was looking at me lugging this bulky cardboard box around. yea it was weird.

when i got on the plane people were taking their merry f-ing time puting stuff away. why couldnt they have just waited a bit and let everyone get through and THEN out their things in the overhead compartment?! stupid people. when i was taking my seat i also hit my head on the overhead compartment, hehe it made a pretty loud noise and some people jumped and everyone stared at me, but i was like "im ok im ok" and all was well. yea and under my seat someone must have spilled coffee before cuuuzzz my sandals were sticking to the carpet...

the flight was pretty good. i was already set to go to sleep after the take off, but then i looked outside my window and it was GORGEOUS. we were well past LA and i dont know where we were flying over, but i just saw lights on the ground from way up in the sky. i could see all these areas lit up from street lamps mostly i assume, all these towns and whatnot. i think they were on the ocean too. but yea i could see far off into the distance and see the glows of other cities, it was really pretty. Mankind really is impressive. a glow of lights here, a glow of lights there. simply amazing. i dont think i did a good job of describing it either. i think i slept for about 2 hours, maybe 3 i guess. the friggin glow of monsters inc. playing made it tough, plus its a good movie. oh yea, American Airlines charges you FIVE dollars to rent headphones for the movie, even if you bring your own you have to pay 5 dollars to listen in, isnt that ridiculous?!?! i saw it for 2 dollars in a theatre.

landed in stl at 630, lugged monitor to gate for springfield, read ball four, and then boarded the plane for a really quick flight home. its really fun when you can fly in those small planes and see your city. this whole trip id look out the window to if i can spot anything on the ground that i know. on the way from springfield to stl i saw good ole Springfield High and the Washington Park Tennis Courts. this time we flew around the other way and i saw the Fairgrounds, Lanphier high, and tracis neighboorhood. yea i wouldnt be able to find her house even if i tried really hard probably...heh.

Springfield is HOT. much hotter than la. stupid humidity. i went straight from the airport to the park to "work", since i basically hung out. but i did do some stuff. its good to be back. i love working at the park, i have fun with all the people working there and all the kids. yea its a really good time. and now i am home. and my house is a mess. and so is my room. i am home alone till friday. no one to help clean. then again no one to yell at me. although my mom already has called me 4 times since she left me at the airport. sigh. i need a shower. and then i need a nap.

Filed under having  

0 comments: