Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Sunday, September 18, 2005 by Jon

Matt Wertz was awesome. And he is also a U of I alum. He wrote "Counting to 100" a mere five blocks down the street from my apartment. And another song, "Lonely Tonight," starts off with the line "Sixth & Green is the one place in November...". For those of you who have visited, thats right next to Evo. Hah. I never noticed until he talked about it.

After his set was over, most of my friends left. So I watched The Profits with Jaime...until she left. Haha. So I watched alone, but it was worth it. The Profits were pretty friggin sweet (and noticeably proud of strong sexual drives), so sweet that I was tempted to buy their album even though I have half of it downloaded already. I realized I'll have to get used to being alone anyways, if this teaching in France thing is what's in store. Maybe it is fitting then that my favorite Profits song is "Atlantic," as I ponder crossing the pond to Europe. We'll see.

But yea, their songs were good, one of the guys can freakin' belt it out, and then they did a cover of R. Kelly - Remix to Ignition + Ben E. King - Stand By Me (interesting combo) and Blackstreet - No Diggity. I like it when acoustic rock artists do covers of hip-hop songs.

Oh, and as I left, I walked up to Matt Wertz and thanked him for a great show and shook his hand. Erika, you could have taken a picture with him...too bad you were tired.

AUGUSTANA & ACCEPTANCE ON THURSDAY!

Filed under having  

0 comments: