Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Sunday, October 09, 2005 by Jon

- Brisk autumn air is hitting the Midwest, and I, like others, am excited. Driving with the windows down is fun and all in the summer, but sometimes its too hot and muggy. In the fall though, the breeze bites back at you, and I like that. It's been cold in my room the past few nights too. Getting warm under the covers is a favorite.

- Dave Matthews Band - The Dreaming Tree, from the album Before These Crowded Streets, is my "autumn song". I listened to this album and song a lot the first fall after I got my driver's license, many many years ago (6), so it always reminds me of driving with the windows down with the cold wind biting back. Ah, memories of high school. It's a fun time kids, enjoy it. Don't let yourself get dragged down by too much. Actually that applies to all times in life. Remember that.

- Life is about the relationships we make. The good ones, the bad ones, the familial ones, the friendships, the romantic loves, the bitter dislikes, and so on and so forth. I don't know where I'm going with this. I'll work on it some more.

- I haven't seen my mom since March. That's 6 months. That is a long time now that I think about it. Sadly, I think it has been good for us. And I think just believing that is sad in it's own way. If life is about the relationships we have, then what does not having a relationship with my mom for the past 6 months mean? What does it mean for those I will not have a relationship with/to for the next 6 months? Lots of questions to think about. I sense hard answers on the horizon.

- Just what DOES it mean to be a man? And of course, how many roads must we walk down before we can call ourselves men?

- I don't like food so much right now.

- Despite talking about The Dreaming Tree earlier, I leave you with some lyrics from the next song on the album:

Love! love!? what more is there?
We need the light of love in here
Don't beat your head
Dry your eyes
Let the love in there
There are bad times
But that's ok
Just look for love in it
Don't burn the day away


Hmm yea...write that down.

-------------------------------------------

Dear Life,

One day I will own you.

Sincerely,
Jon Lee.

Filed under having  

0 comments: