Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Monday, June 13, 2005 by Jon

Taiwan!

So I'm here back in the home island for the second summer vacation in a row, and it's been great so far for the first 26 hours here. But first, I will tell you about my flight here.

I used my dad's flyer miles to come here, and since there was limited availabilty, his miles could only be used for a seat in business class. So I took business class, and business class is amazing. AMAZING. First, of course, I was able to skip the massive line to check in at LAX and go to the business class queue. From there, you get to go to the lounge and relax in nice seats, read newspapers, and watch tv. And they have a nice array of snacks and beverages. When I go back, I think the business class lounge in Chiang Kai Shek Int'l has dim sum, hehe.

After hanging out in the lounge for a few hours, I boarded the plane in the short line, and within 1 minute of sitting down in my HUMONGOUS seat, I was offered fresh squeezed orange juice. Theres a nice 10 or 11 inch personal screen to watch movies and most amazingly, the humongous chair can recline into a bed. A fully horizontal bed. I was dumbfounded. And of course the pretty stewardesses come around often with more drinks, hot towels, and serve better than normal airline food. But the reclining chair...my God. If only I had someone to enjoy it with me. They have electrical outlets too! I could use my laptop for the whole 11 hour trip if I wanted to! Waah. And lastly, when I went to baggage claim, my luggage got a priority tag on it and came out first, so I again didnt have to wait. Baller. But ok I'm done.

As for awesome Taiwan, I came back and my ahma quickly had me eat some bahtzang and asian pears. I hung around, took a nap, and then went to hang out with Angie, Mike, Steven, and other stl-area kids. The ones i didnt know should be coming to TAF. Huzzah! We went to this museum thing and then to Mitsukoshi and Ximen Ding. A lot of walking, and well, I was about to crash due to jet lag by like, 6pm, but I fought it and had fun. The rain was a downer though, and we werent able to take a Ximen Ding photo. We will just have to make sure that we go back there, as long as certain someone comes back to Taipei, right right?

Oh Taiwan, how I love thee.

Filed under having  

0 comments: