Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Thursday, June 16, 2005 by Jon

I just came back from one of the most amazing meals of my life. My aunt Yvonne took me out to dinner tonight, and well, theres this amazing little French establishment only a few blocks from my grandma's house. Literally a wonderful little slice of European culture in the middle of Taipei, Taiwan. The meal started with wonderful homemade French bread and foie gras. I've had foie gras twice in my life. Once last Christmas in Lyon, and now here in Taipei. Nice little side vegetable-cheese skewer accompanied this. Then they brought soup out, then a spicy shrimp spaghetti, and then the main dish of this ridiculous lobster. It was cut down the middle in half, covered in cheese. and you were able to just pick it right out. I'm going to take people there. The ambience of the restaurant was beautiful too. Small and cozy with artwork, tres elegant.

I walked home afterwards, in the cool (it's been raining) Taiwan night. I didn't have my iPod, so I just sang to myself. It was a wonderful time. I'm looking out the window to my right and I see the world's tallest building. What a night. A combination of my two international loves, France and Taiwan.

"You and your love of lychee"

Taiwan, Taiwan.

Filed under having  

0 comments: