Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Saturday, May 28, 2005 by Jon

A good day. Went up to Wrigley with Erika and her parents to watch the Cubbies. The game was fun, the Cubs offense broke out, but Prior got hurt. Sad.

- Erika's dad brought some Cubby Bear root beer for the trip up. It's amazing.
- One of my favorite things is coming out of ramps/tunnels/stairs in stadiums and all of a sudden hearing the sounds of the crowd and seeing the green grass of a baseball field. Beautiful.
- A guy sitting THREE seats in front of my caught a foul ball, WHILE he was talking to his secretary on the phone.
- I didn't actually see Prior get hit. I was staring at the red Budweiser rooftop across Waveland, beyond the left field bleachers, and thinking how the Cubs could install a Jumbotron out there. I heard a big "OOHHH" and saw Prior on the ground in pain, and Aramis getting up in foul territory with dirt on his uniform after making a diving catch. The ball ricocheted off of Prior's elbow all the way to the other side of third base. Not good. You could hear the ball hit his elbow. And I was in the upper deck.
- There was this really cute kid sitting in front of us, decked out in Cubs gear. A friendly peanut vendor told him if Derrek Lee hit a home run in this at bat, he'd give him a free bag of peanuts. The guy walked away, and in beautiful baseball fashion, Lee hit a home run to dead center on the next pitch. Everyone seated around the kid began yelling to the vendor to get him his free bag of peanuts. The kid, no more than 5 or 6 years old, was so happy. It was awesome.
- If I ever live in Chicago, it will be in Wrigleyville (and if I ever live in St. Louis, it will be in the Central West End).
- I wore Derrek Lee's jersey, and Erika wore a Prior jersey. Lee went 3/3 with two hr's. Prior got hurt. I'm clearly much better luck. But It's ok, I love Erika. In a completely asexual way, if any of you were wondering by her constant appearance on here.
- I'm going to get Cubs season tickets someday.


Filed under having  

0 comments: