Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Monday, April 04, 2005 by Jon

Proud to be an Illini.

Our team lost, but the students are still proud of them, and our school. I left Brian & Steve's expecting to see a lot of pissed off people on Green Street, but I was wrong. It was a lot of people, celebrating the success of an amazing team's amazing season. The Alma Mater statue was covered and surrounded by hundreds of students, a lot of them climbing on top. But a lot of them turned around to face away from the Alma Mater, to see the stream of orange-clad people coming to join the party. Chants of I-L-L! I-N-I! we're yelled, and then I walked to the Quad, were there were even more people. All celebrating, recognizing victory despite defeat. Illinois love.

And that is all so much better than some people I watched the game with. Really, some of you have issues. Sure it hurts, sure it sucks, but there no need to riot and be stupid. Grow up.

On a lighter but still serious note, watching sports with people (or a majority of the girls I was with) who don't understand sports, is really really hard.

ILLINO1S!

::edit::

It is 2:42am, and people are still yelling I-L-L! I-N-I! outside. Awesome.

Filed under having  

0 comments: