Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Tuesday, September 09, 2003 by Jon

My Story

ok so I was driving down to st. louis this weekend. I was cruising along the highway at about 80mph, my usual speed, when i got this urge to pray. I looked ahead of me, no cars. I looked behind me, no cars. The highwas was straight. So...haha yea...i closed my eyes and decided to pray. Now yea you can pray with your eyes open...but meh, i didnt. So i closed my eyes. I remember thinking to myself something along the lines of "hey im going 80mph on the highway with my eyes closed, this might be stupid, but whatever! God will protect me...right?" So in essance, i was testing Him. seeing if he would protect me while i did something unreasonable.

I finished praying and then opened up my eyes. oh nut.

I was on the left shoulder of the road, headed towards the grassy highway median. I quickly veered back to the right, probably too quickly. My car veered hard right and my tires screeched. On instinct i veered back hard to the left. My car veered to the left and my tires screeched more, all while i was losing more control of the car. So i veered back to the right one more and then...my car and i did a hard 180 turn, i lost control, and i went flying in the the grassy median tail end backwards in a cloud of tire smoke and screeching. My car came to a long halt eventually. I sat there, hands on the wheel...saying "..."

I looked around and felt fine, and i was. I ended up facing the other side of the highway, and i could see some cars going slowly and some stopping to help. I threw my had out the window to signify that i was ok. I got out, stood up, and looked at my car. I saw a hubcap in the path of torn up grass and dirt that i had left, but luckily it wasnt mine. all 4 tires were ok, no flats, nothing. Everything was as ok as it could have been.

Moral of the story: Dont test God. He will mess you up. But He also protected me. I was fine. it could have been a lot worse. Later on that night when i was in st louis, i saw a couple crashes, one car flipped over on its top. That could have been me, it really could have. But it wasnt. So yea, dont close your eyes going 80mph, and dont test.

But there is more to the story. This is where it gets really interesting, and when i hear these stories in church or youth groups, i usually dont believe them all that much and take them for granted. but it happened to me.

As i was standing there, one of the cars from the other side of the highway had stopped. it was 2 guys, 2 guys you wouldnt normally think would stop and help a stranger on the highway. They were in a big Ford F400 truck, and the driver was dressed in baggy jeans, no shirt, had a shaved head and tattooed, while his friend was decked out in Hurley skater gear and earings. Stereotypically, not your stereotypical good samaritans. They asked me if i was ok and all that, and then they offered me help in pushing out my car. I didn't think i needed to, but since they obliged i said sure. I got back in the car and reveresed up the bank back onto the highway. I said thanks and they said no problem and ran off back to their car. I remember wishing i would have said more, or could have given them more gratitude for stopping and helping me. But i didnt, i was embarrassed at what i had done and wanted to be back on my way. silly me. But as the guys ran back to their car, i noticed the tattoo on the back of shirtless driver with the shaved head and baggy jeans. I saw it with my own eyes, saw what it was, but somehow it didnt register as to what the tattoo was until a day later sitting in church next to alice.

Across the top of his back, starting from the middle out to his left shoulder blade and right shoulder blade, were wings. They were two wings.

an angel? my guardian angel?

I think so.

Filed under having  

0 comments: