Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 by Jon

Yesterday was easily one of the Top 10 Days in the Life of Jonathan Lee.

The hefty majority of it is owed to one young lady (see entry below). For me, and I'm sure for anyone else who has experiences working with the development/empowerment of youth, or anyone who has a lofty goal set forth, to see all of your hard work, the endless planning, the attention to the minutest details, the nights staying awake and thinking in bed, the nights staying awake working in a staff room, the faith put into achieving an ideal, the stress, the pressure, it just feels really really really...amazing...when something like this happens.

My lofty goal is for my campers to learn something that affects them and those around them in a most positive way, be it by becoming more open and honest, by inspiring them to lead, to act with integrity, to become interested in their heritage, to spread love and happiness and care and compassion. Other campers have done that. And don't misunderstand, I cherish those instances very much. But I don't know if it has ever been done on such a grand scale as this.

In my mind, I picture the poem written by Sue Anna as something her entire class will talk about. And therefore, a poem than an entire class will read. I picture her school and other schools in the district and city, being starry-eyed about the girl on CNN and her poem, and therefore, being exposed to the words she wrote. I picture teachers across the nation finding the poem online, and having their classes read the poem and discuss it. A class, a school, a district, a city, and more. That's a lot of people. That's a lot of students. That's a lot of futures that I hope are impacted.

"To impact mankind in unique and compassionate ways."

Indeed. I'm like a proud dad right now. So very proud of the young lady and of the dreams and ideals that run TAF. I know at least one kid, somewhere in this county, will not be made fun of tomorrow; he or she will not have to feel the hurt in their heart at least one less time.

So very happy. And I don't want to forget to say this, even though I think I sound like a drum. What you learn at TAF, apply it to the world outside. You can make a difference.

And then Illinois beat Wisconsin. Jack Ingram floating those 3's.
And then I talked to someone. And it always makes me happy when I talk to that someone, despite the circumstances.
And then I played poker and won a good amount.
And then I finished all my reading for class.
And now I'm reflecting on one of the best days of my life.

And for fun, I'm going to throw out Gal 2:16. Baller.

Filed under having  

0 comments: