Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 by Jon

Whee, back in the U-S of A. I met a pretty girl from Yugoslavia on the flight over. I got her phone number. Haha. But just because she wants to transfer to UIUC from her current university. She mentioned a boyfriend with a 14th National Ranking in NCAA tennis during the conversation. But who cares, she's no Jenny Chung.

And speaking of my Euro-TAF wife, I miss you a lot dear. It is not a fun thing to extremely enjoy spending 17 days straight with someone and then leave them on the other side of the world. Like I said, during the flight to London, I would look to the empty seat next to me and expect to see you sitting there, but alas, you were not. Oh the infinite sadness that is my heart, but no emotional breakdown yet! Cheers, not "ches" or whatever it is the German-Asians say, to you Miss Jay-knee-fer. I am head-over-heals platonically in love with you. You're the BEST!

But yes. Eighteen total days in the lovely and charming and simply elegant continent of Europe, brimming with different cultures and place and people. I had so much fun, too much I dare say, and too much to digest at the moment. At the least though, I know I am too lucky. And I owe it to the world to grow or learn something from this experience. I saw nine TAFers on the European continent too. We're everywhere.

Off to San Francisco tomorrow for the TAF College Planning Retreat. For those of you who are interested, be you a former college student, a current one, or a future one, please find a way to participate or follow along online. There will be some sort of updated Xanga or something as we hold meetings in SF. It is a momentously important (aka VERY important) period for TAF, and you can lend your voice. And if you want to help but can't think of anything for the College Program, help TAF in a different way and brighten the lives of the people around you. Indeed.

More on Europe later, along with more pictures. Huzzah huzzah huzzah!

Filed under having  

0 comments: