Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Friday, December 10, 2004 by Jon

Randoms:

- I wish Satchel Paige would have been able to play in the major leagues earlier than he did. For those of you who don't know who Satchel Paige is, which I assume is everybody who might read this other than Brian or maybe, impressively since shes a girl, Erika, Paige played in the Negro Leagues since blacks weren't yet allowed in the majors. He finally was able to pitch a game after he was 40 years old. I would like to see what he could have accomplished if he were in the majors in his prime.

- I've been spending time searching for a Jack Kerouac quote that came back into my mind from long ago. I can't find it though, so I'll recreate it for you:

"I see myself in the center of a high plateau. I want to venture out towards the edge and experience everything along the way, to look up and stare at the clouds and look down and touch the flowers. And then when I get to the edge, I want to lean over the cliff as far as I can and see everything down below, without falling off."

That's what I kind of remember from the quote which I only heard once many winters ago. And actually, it might not be Kerouac at all (but I'm pretty sure it is). I also remember thinking that the quote is about drugs, but whatev. I like the quote a lot. To go from the safety of the middle and venture out and see everything there is to see. To go to the limit. To experience everything. But no drugs. A lesson for all you kids, Kerouac ended up doing too many drugs (he leaned over too far) and died young. I'd like to read his book "On the Road" though. Maybe I'll buy it at the local B&N tomorrow.

- I value my friends greatly. Super super much. But this is a little thing about me. I won't remember your birthday. Sure, I'd like to be super-thoughtful, and I probably remember your birthday a few days before it, but I will forget the day of. Consider yourself lucky if I actually remember. I only know like five birthday's off the top of my head anyways. I always get Brian's and Tyler's (sometime last week...) wrong. Don't feel bad though. I forgot my own birthday two years ago I think.

- Currently Listening To: An obscene amount of music. It is in preperation for the arrival of my personalized iPod next week. "Jonizzle" will be laser-inscribed on it.

Songs:
Halloween, Alaska - All the Arms Around You
The Album Leaf - Eastern Glow
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Britney Spears - My Only Wish (This Year)
Jars of Clay - Little Drummer Boy
& multiple versions of Carol of the Bells
& everything else. I wasn't kidding when I said obscene.

- Currently watched last night: Amelie. I bought it on a whim in NYC. And because the DVD box was kinda cool (I'm a sucker for "special" DVD cases). It's odd. Every person who has seen it has said it's been great, they looved it. But all those people have also been girls. It wasn't bad, and I got to work on my French, but I think my Y-chromosome inhibits full enjoyment of the film. Also, I have six DVD's next to me of movies I have never seen, yet still saw fit to buy. And then I have probably fifteen to twenty DVD's of movies I have seen, but have never watched on the DVD itself. I'm addicted to buying DVD's.

That a long random.

Herry Thanksmas for all of us! I hope you have a great Thanksmas Eve.

Filed under having  

0 comments: