Tweeter: jonizzle

JONIZZLE

Saturday, March 10, 2007 by Jon

I see pictures of a loved one and feel a rush of blood to the chest. A smile and some warmth, a laugh and a sparkle. Heart of stone heart of stone, or heart of caring and compassion. A heart that gives more than it takes. They call it the wellspring of life, and yes, it is. But for whom does it serve? Is yours your own wellspring? Or perhaps it is for others, for your family, for your friends, for the world, for God. Quench other's thirsts with your heart I should say, but I fear, if one does that, then their hearts become stone. So how do we keep the wellspring flowing. Well for me, I will pray. Pray that I can open up my heart, and that I will find love to give, more than to recieve. And that the waters will always flow, and that everyone and everything around me will refreshed and renewed. Because that heart of stone...few things scare me more than having that heart of stone.

Filed under having  

0 comments: